Mukuru has an amazing opportunity for a Cross-Functional Consultant to join our team. This role will be supporting our BIP (Bangladesh, India and Pakistan) Corridor and is open to Cape Town, Johannesburg and Pretoria applicants.
The purpose of this role is to provide world class customer support to customers from the India corridor by assisting with order creation, verifications, number changes as well as providing support to the corridor Agents.
The Cross-functional Consultant reports directly to the Cross-functional Customer Support Lead. This position is responsible for providing support to the customers in the India corridor, by assisting with order creations, responding to queries, changing details as well as checking and verifying information gathered from new customers within the India corridor in order to open accounts. They are required to check the integrity of the documents provided and identify potential fraudulent documents. They must respond to inbound and make outbound calls to the customer as soon as the documents have been verified in order to conduct security checks and onboard customers timeously.
Internal Liaison takes place with the Agents, Verifications, PayOps, Customer Support and Compliance. External liaison takes place with external customers.
Duties and Responsibilities (Include but is not limited to):
- Provide efficient support to the India corridor customers
- Create accurate orders for India corridor customers
- Assist with resolving customer queries within the India corridor
- Verify documentation and information supplied by India Corridor customers when signing up for new accounts
- Process Zendesk verification requests
- Ensure that Proof of Income for non-South African citizens is completed in full with the job title, Identification number, salary, employers information and signature
- Ensure that the Proof of Residence form is completed with the customer address, signature and agents signature
- Complete the electronic verification process for India corridor customers
- Flag suspicious transactions by selecting “bad” if any aspect looks suspicious and insert a comment/reason for the rejection
- Make inbound and outbound calls to India Corridor customers in order to carry out security checks
- Onboard customer within 5 minutes of sign up
- Process requests for contact number changes and pin resets for India corridor customers
- Ensure a clear photograph of the customer holding their Identity document is received before processing any number changes or pin resets
- Verify that the Identity document/passport matches the one previously supplied and saved on the system profile
- Contact the client telephonically to establish that it is the correct client making the request
- Generate a statement form Mukuru card manager in order to ask security questions
- Refer the customer to their nearest branch if any information appears suspicious
- Update the required information or process the reset
- Update Zendesk with all required notes and information
- Respond to Whatsapp and Skype requests on allocated rotational days
- Provide support to the agent consultants for the India corridor
- Escalate unresolved issues to Team Leader or relevant department
- Uphold the company brand
- Manage own professional and self-development
- Complete outstanding information on the verification form
- Verify the information captured by the agent matches the information on supplied FICA documentation
- Grade 12 or equivalent (Essential)
- Degree/Diploma (Desirable)
- Mukuru Customer Support training course
- Understanding and speaking of English and Hindi, Bengali, Urdu or relevant corridor language (Essential)
- 1 years Customer Service Consultant experience (Essential)
- Verifications experience (Desirable)
- Knowledge of money transfer procedures
- Knowledge of FICA regulations
- Computer skills
- Typing skills
- Telephone skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Telephone skills
- Organisational & administrative skills
- Attention to detail
*Only applicants who meet the requirements and speak the critical languages as indicated will be considered for these roles.
Should you be appointed in a remote/work from home role at Mukuru, it is your responsibility to ensure that you have uninterrupted internet connectivity and a ‘work-like’ environment at your home location, in order to deliver your best in terms of performance, productivity and service to our customers.
If you do not receive any response after two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
NB: ALL STAFF APPOINTMENTS WILL BE MADE WITH DUE CONSIDERATION OF THE COMPANY’S EE TARGET