Mukuru is on the lookout for a Management Accountant to join our awesome Finance team based in Cape Town.
The management accountant will support the Head of Business Partnering in the production and delivery of accurate, insightful, timely management and cost centre reporting to functional leadership – with the primary aim of enabling better-informed commercial decision-making across the Group.
They will act as a business partner to certain functions acting as a bridge between the organisation and the finance function, and supporting the CFO, the Head of Finance Business Partnering and the other finance leadership team as they seek to transform the role of Finance from a passive, accounting function into a highly embedded catalyst of change, growth and efficiency – while also strengthening the control environment in which the business operates.
Duties and Responsibilities (Include but is not limited to):
Management Accounting and Other Reporting
- Produce accurate, timely and insightful monthly management accounts - by geography, product and cost centre
- Investigate key variances with P&L owners and ensure follow ups are actioned
- Work closely with financial accountants to ensure underlying financial records accurately reflect revenue and costs in the right period and allocated to the correct cost centres
- Provide key inputs, slides and commentary to FP&A for inclusion in Board reports
- Work closely with FP&A to evolve management reporting and functional KPIs
- Identify opportunities for cost savings and other margin improvement opportunities
- Ad-hoc analysis as required by CFO, Head of Finance Business Partnering or other operational leadership
- Working closely with the Head of Finance Business Partnering, support management and their teams during budget, reforecast and long-range planning processes
- Help P&L owners manage their budgets, on a day-to-day basis, and make better-informed commercial and operational decisions by helping the CFO / Head of Finance Business Partnering instil a business-case mindset across the group and supporting business leaders in the production of such business cases
- Working with budget holders and other key stakeholders in the annual planning process, you will produce draft budgets and commentary, prepare and interpret financial and related data and provide advice and support to inform decision making and the Unit’s strategic and financial objectives.
- Represent finance on cross-functional project teams (e.g., for new products, partners, corridors)
- Providing finance input into certain contract negotiations and other procurement processes
Leadership, Relationships and Influence:
- Maintain and grow effective relationships across functions and geographies, taking joint accountability for the building a finance ‘brand’ across the Group which is recognised for its service-led mindset, objective advice, robust challenge and collaborative approach
- Represent the Head of Finance Business Partnering (as required) across the group, serving as a subject matter expert to business leaders and their teams regarding the use of financial insight and analysis to drive business performance and delivery
- Operate as a collaborative and proactive member of the finance team – working with colleagues across Corporate Accounting, FP&A, Treasury and Procurement - to collectively drive a significant transformation of Mukuru’s finance function and acting as an effective bridge between the business operations and key stakeholders within the finance team
- Bachelor’s degree in finance
- CIMA or other professional accounting qualification
- 3-5 years management accounting experience in finance & operations within global businesses with multiple business units and a diverse workforce
- Able to communicate and challenge effectively with key stakeholders at levels in the organisation
- A team player, you will be a good communicator, able to lead by example and business partner at all levels whilst remaining hands-on with day-to-day issues
- Highly ambitious person that take pride in their work.
- Excellent technical and management reporting skills as well as strong commercial acumen
- Commercial mindset – able to understand, evaluate and communicate the wider business context of decisions, using a financial, commercial and operational lens
- Low ego and high EQ
- Advanced MS Office
- Strong financial modelling skills (and advanced Excel skills)
- Strong experience of using financial (ERP) and reporting software
- Strong experience working with Chart of accounts
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Time management and realistic goal setting
- Strong attention to detail and laser focused on value-creation
- Self-motivated and ambitious
- Service Orientation
- Conceptual and Analytical Abilities
- Initiative and Responsibility
- Stress Resistance
- Readiness To Learn And develop
I am sure you are reading this job description and meet majority of the criteria BUT you may also still not be 100% comfortable in applying. We believe that there is a place for everyone under the Mukuru sun and we want YOU to contribute to our diverse tapestry of talent. So come on, take a leap of faith, and send your application if you meet majority of our requirements. Remember to include a snippet of how you will bring value and help us build a future of success that will help us determine where and how you may best be suited” Maybe you are just the future Mukurian we need!!
Should you be appointed in a remote/work from home role at Mukuru, it is your responsibility to ensure that you have uninterrupted internet connectivity and a ‘work-like’ environment at your home location, in order to deliver your best in terms of performance, productivity and service to our customers.
If you do not receive any response after two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
NB: ALL STAFF APPOINTMENTS WILL BE MADE WITH DUE CONSIDERATION OF THE COMPANY’S DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION PLANS