An exciting opportunity exists for an Agile Business Analyst to join our team based in Johannesburg.
Mukuru is one of the fastest growing fintech companies in Southern Africa. The company operates in several jurisdictions in SADC and Europe and is backed by the largest Africa focused US private equity fund. Our passion is to help facilitate safe, affordable and regulated financial products using a myriad of innovative technologies.
We are looking for an experienced Agile Business Analyst who enjoys a challenge. This role would afford you the opportunity to grow your career as a Business Analyst in a fast-paced, agile team environment, while collaborating across verticals in the business.
Our Agile Business Analysts are a key part of our process to help facilitate a diverse group of bright and passionate people, who are responsible for building and operating our enterprise level systems that are at the core of the business. This specific role is focussed on our mobile application platform, which is a multi-role, multi-country, multi-platform architecture. The Agile Business Analyst reports directly to the Head of Product Domain: Customer.
Internal liaison takes place with the Product Owners, Agile Development Teams (including Developers, QA and Scrum Master), Business Leaders and Users, Project Management and Application Support. External liaison takes place with third parties - both partners and suppliers, as well as with customers. Some travel may be needed from time to time.
Duties and Responsibilities (include but is not limited to):
- Work closely with stakeholders across all levels and business areas to elicit requirements
- Assist stakeholders, Product Owners and Scrum teams in the prioritisation of work in order to maximise return on investment (ROI)
- Facilitate requirements gathering through interviews, requirements workshops, etc.
- Analyse business needs and opportunities, document requirements and translate these into user stories
- Communicate these needs clearly and effectively to both business and technical stakeholders
- Maintain a steady backlog of requirements that are ready to go into sprints for a Scrum team
- Support the day-to-day needs of Scrum teams in understanding customer and business requirements
- Liaise with the development team for estimation on work
- Work with the QA department to ensure functionality matches business requirements
- Assist in drafting user and training documentation
- Liaise with various industry partners around service integration and product offerings
- Manage own professional and self development
- Degree / Diploma preferably with an Information Systems focus (Essential)
- Recognised business analysis/agile/information systems/UX qualification (Desirable)
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a Business Analysis or similar role (Essential)
- Previous experience working in an Agile environment (preferably Scrum)
- Experience in the financial industry (Desirable)
- Experience in developing custom mobile applications (Essential)
- Experience working with REST APIs (Desirable)
- Experience dealing with compliance regulations – KYC and Foreign Exchange Control (Desirable)
- Experience in customer onboarding and customer service (Desirable)
- Knowledge and ability to translate requirements into user stories, process diagrams and data flows
- Knowledge and understanding of project scoping, planning & prioritisation
- Knowledge of agile and UX methodology
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to manage stakeholder expectations
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to obtain descriptive and exhaustive requirements from stakeholders
- Team player
- Multitasking skills
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
Should you be appointed in a remote/work from home role at Mukuru, it is your responsibility to ensure that you have uninterrupted internet connectivity and a ‘work-like’ environment at your home location, in order to deliver your best in terms of performance, productivity and service to our customers.
If you do not receive any response after two weeks please consider your application unsuccessful.
NB: ALL STAFF APPOINTMENTS WILL BE MADE WITH DUE CONSIDERATION OF THE COMPANY’S EE TARGETS